When House of Fraser posted a competition asking who my beauty icon is I didnâ€™t want to go for anyone clichÃ©d but then again, I didnâ€™t want to lie to my readers either, so I simply had to go with my gut instinct.
Emma Watson is definitely someone that grew on me in the last few years. Not only had her He for She campaign speech inspired me but I also noticed her personal growth and maturity year after year, especially since she finished the Harry Potter films. Sheâ€™s naturally talented and sheâ€™s naturally beautiful too.
Emma Watson Without Makeup
The thing is, itâ€™s not all about the makeup and rather about keeping your skin in a good condition. I find that eating healthy food, drinking lots of water and using cleansers helps my skin stay smooth. I never forget to let my skin breathe, so I donâ€™t go applying layers of makeup daily and then expect my skin to stay spotless!
Anywayâ€¦ enough of my lecturing. Here are my top three skincareÂ tips to the perfect makeup-less look:
- Use a face cleanser: There are many to choose from and, in my opinion, the one you need to use very much depends on your skin. Mine is usually normal but can be combinational so Iâ€™ve tried Simple before as well as Elemis and Liz Earle (one of my favourites) and currently trying out new cleansers which Iâ€™ll be blogging about soon!
- Apply moisturiser: Once your face is nice and clean, I think itâ€™s super important to use the right moisturiser. Everyone has their favourites but I like to try out new ones once in a while to either a) make sure that the one Iâ€™m using is actually benefiting my skin and continue using my favourite one or b) find a new moisturiser thatâ€™s actually even better than the one I usually use. I like the No7 face cream and am about to try out a Benefit moisturiser, but Iâ€™m keen on looking into what Lancome provide to see if thereâ€™s actually a reason to pay the high price for quality.
- Get eye cream: I useÂ Clinique Moisture Surge eye hydration because, as you can imagine, with a full time job, cheerleading and blogging I sometimes donâ€™t get much sleep. Thatâ€™s not good and it shows on my face immediately, especially my eyes. Thatâ€™s the first eye cream that Iâ€™ve actually seen a difference as it softens my eye socket and under my eyes too. It also lightens and plumps the area as well to make me look more awake and refreshed (which often isnâ€™t the case!)
Emma Watson Beauty Tips
Four makeup tips I figured outÂ byÂ usingÂ Emma Watson as inspiration are:
- Bold pink or red lips: Iâ€™ve been trying out my beauty iconâ€™s vibrant lipstick choices. She seems to enjoy wearing bright red or luscious pink when sheâ€™s going to an event. The picture above is from my Instagram and as you can see Iâ€™ve used a dark coloured lipstick liner and filled the rest of my lips using a shimmery, light pink lipstick. Bright lips are definitely a trend this season so many brands have it on sale at the moment, from Mac and Makeup Forever to YSL and Dior.
- Subtle blush: In a country thatâ€™s always cold (aka England) you canâ€™t get a tanâ€¦ so the next best thing to adding colour to your face is a blush. I like the apple cheeks with a soft shade that compliments your face. I use BareMinerals and Benefit at the moment, the former for going out and the latter for an instant â€˜radiantâ€™ makeup look.
- Eye Liner: I wear bottom eye liner pretty much daily, itâ€™s simply been a habit from college! However, when it comes to liquid liners and flicks I definitely need to step my game up. I simply need practice and thatâ€™s what Iâ€™m planning to get. I want to try out the Benefit or BareMinerals eye liners to try out a few different things, so Iâ€™ll be sure to blog about them soon. Let me know if you have any beauty top tips or a guide on eye liners in the comments below!
- The Naked truth: the no-makeup makeup look is really popular these days and so the â€˜go toâ€™ is always the Urban Decay Naked palletâ€™s. It really does help accentuate natural beauty and thatâ€™s why I love it â€“ and no doubt why so many beauty lovers love it too!
FYI: Many of the above mentioned beauty products can be found at House of Fraser’s makeup department online. Happy shopping 😉
Do you like Emma Watsonâ€™s makeup?