Show off your creativity this Boxing Day by making your own gingerbread house! Whether you’re making it yourself or helping your children, it’s an entertaining way to spend your bank holiday at home and with the family. I have used a gingerbread house making set that already has the main parts ready for you and provides a few different sweet packets.
Here’s a step by step guide to help guide you put it together:
- Gather all of your contents and warm up your icing by massaging the sachets.
- Decorate the main features, such as the doors, windows and roof tiles.
- Put the walls and roof together placing icing in the inner side of the pieces.
- Hold the pieces together until the icing sets then start decorating!
- Use all sorts of sweets to create your dream gingerbread house and not just the ones already provided. I’ve used Jazzles – yum!
My only worry is I don’t know how to eat it as I feel too bad taking it apart!
Hope you enjoy making your own gingerbread house 🙂