My niece turned one a couple of days ago and the family and I couldn’t believe how quickly time flew by!
To celebrate, we traveled to my sister’s house this weekend and spent our time cuddling the cutest baby I’ve ever met and played in the garden in her new gorgeous pink teepee from Win Green.
At the age of one the silliest faces can amuse her and funny fart noises always catch her attention. It was pleasure to fuss over her, play with her and spoil her and it was especially comfortable inside the teepee where the rest of the world was forgotten.
It was so hot this weekend that it was a pleasure to hide away from the sun in the shade. Perfect for the little one too as she was getting really hot and even though she had sunscreen smothered all over her my sister was worried about her getting burnt as she’s so young and her skin so tender.
I’ve got a feeling my little niece is enjoying the teepee right now and look forward to seeing her play inside it in her new redecorated ‘big girl’ bedroom.
5 Ideas for a Teepee in a Kids Bedroom or Outdoors
Personally, I would have loved to have a teepee when I was little as I’m immediately overflowing with ideas for it and how it can be used for make-belief and playacting so here’s what I’d use it for…
- Outdoor camp for garden fun. I would scatter all the toys inside and be happy knowing what the little ones are up to while I entertain guests or relax.
- A reading corner where fairytales are told and where the family and the children come together for some relaxing downtime.
- A stage that’s perfect for the older kids who love to dress up and act. I believe it would help them take centre stage in their very own magical castle.
- A picnic party with healthy nibbles inside the teepee on a small table. It’s so tall and spacious that the kids will have no problem walking in and out of there.
- To Reward the child with their own work-space. Be it for drawing or hiding with siblings or friends, I’d use the gorgeous teepee as an area that encourages them to behave, share and play together.
If people wouldn’t call me crazy I would get a teepee to use myself haha… but for now I’m so happy that my niece absolutely loves it. Did you have a teepee when you were growing up?