ParcelHero® invited me to get involved in an awesome campaign that raises money for charity.
They asked me to personalise a wooden box and use my craft skills to make a gift to go inside. This box will be a part of many boxes created by lots of crafts bloggers, which will make one large Christmas Advent Calendar. The idea is that it’s auctioned off before Christmas and raises money for the Oxfam charity.
I painted my box orange and added a tiger print with glitter paint. Then I created some funky bunting to go inside!
How to Make Fabric Bunting:
- Measure and cut your material to equal triangles, leaving 1cm for sewing margin (mine were 3inches each side)
- Then put the two triangles together with the right sides on the inside
- Sew only two sides of your triangle using a sewing machine
- Turn your triangle inside out and sew the last side onto a piece of string or ribbon to create your bunting
- When you do step 4 (sewing the last side) ensure that you tuck in the edges for a neater finish
- Leave equal space between each bunting triangle
- Alternate your material colours or patterns for a fun finish
I had loads of fun decorating the box and making the bunting so I would like to say a massive thanks to ParcelHero® for letting me be a part of this campaign. I hope we raise a significant amount of money for Oxfam.