Feeling in a Christmasy mood, I’ve made some festive pine cone place cards for the dinner table.
It’s simple to make, here’s how you can make your own:
- Gather/collect and clean your pine cones.
- Use spray paint to add a festive colour to them. I’ve chosen gold! Be sure to spray the bottom of the pine cones too and think about spraying outside because as it’s paint, most leave a pungent smell.
- Wrap tinsel around the bottom of your pinecones for that extra sparkle.
- Grab coloured card and cut them in the shape that you’d like to write your names onto. I’ve chosen a rectangle but you can also cut out a circle, a heart, a square or even cut out shapes of snowmen or holly for a more festive look.
- Once you’ve cut them out and written all the names, use string to attach them to your pine cones. This bit can be tricky and fiddly so give yourself plenty of time. Hint:Â place the name cards in alcoves of your pine cones, so the card should fit comfortably in between and shouldn’t fall even before you’ve attached it with the string.
Hope your table looks great and have a Merry Christmas!