With Valentine’s Day falling onto a week day this year it’s no doubt you’re having a cosy night in.
Below is a lovely dinner for two recipe that’s full of prawns and a creamy sauce that covers the tasty linguine. I love this idea because it’s quick to make and is something out of the ordinary as well. I hope you have a fantastic evening with you and your special Valentine.
- 250g linguine
- 200g prawns
- half a red onion
- 150g baby mushrooms
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 150g double cream
- 100g white wine
- oregano, salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan for sprinkling
- Fry onions and garlic until softened (2-4 mins)
- Stir in sliced mushrooms and cook on low heat for 10 mins
- Add double cream, wine and prawns and cook on high heat for 3 mins, uncovered. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine by placing it in a separate pan with boiling water for 8-10 mins. Then, add the linguine to the prawns and mix well. Cook together for another 5 mins.
- Serve with parmesan sprinkled on top.
It takes about 30 minutes overall and tastes creamy and delicious.
It’s the perfect romantic dinner idea for a special Valentine’s Day night in.
Read more about how to plan the perfect date night at home on Matalan’s blog, which I’ve written!