Thanks so much to Alina for inviting me over to The Fairytale Pretty Picture, itâ€™s lovely to share one of my favourite festive recipes with you all. My name is Chloe and I write The Loveliest Food (TLF), a now award-winning food blog (eep!)
When Iâ€™m not in the kitchen or blogging you can usually find me helping clients with their marketing, cuddling our two pugs or out on date night… with Mr TLF (just to clarify!)
He gladly took this batch of cookies into a big meeting last week and Iâ€™m told they may well have been what clinched the deal 😉 Iâ€™ve added a festive twist to them by adding in the cranberries, however theyâ€™re just as good without or made with other types of chocolate if youâ€™d prefer.
What You Will Need:
- 200g baking margarine (I used Stork)
- 150g light brown sugar
- 350g self raising flour
- 1 heaped tbsp golden syrup
- 100g white chocolate chips or chunks
- 75g dried cranberries
- 8 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180â€™c fan and line two large baking trays with greaseproof paper
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar for a few minutes, until light and creamy
- Add in the golden syrup and flour, mixing to combine the ingredients
- The mixture will go quite stiff at this point so add in milk until itâ€™s a nice, fairly loose mixture (you may need an extra tablespoon or two of milk and thatâ€™s totally fine!)
- Stir the chocolate chips and cranberries through then place spoonfulâ€™s of the mixture onto the baking trays, leaving plenty of space in between each one as they spread out quite a lot during baking!
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until just golden brown at the edges then remove and allow to cool before you devour them 😉
If you enjoyed this post check out my site and give me a shout on social (links below), Iâ€™d love to connect!
Thanks for having me over again Alina and I hope you have a lovely festive break,
Follow The Loveliest Food
Facebook: The Loveliest Food