When I was contacted by LoveHolidays.com who asked me why I would go abroad, I didn’t hesitate for a moment to put together the list below…
Scratch Map Original by Luckies*
- De-stress – first and foremost when I’m thinking about current holidays this reason would be top of my list. I work monday to friday for 35 hours a week and find that I have little time for myself and due to my enthusiastic nature I get cooped up in work more than I probably should. I think holidays are essential, simply to help me relax once in a while.
- Explore – I have a few friends who like an adventure and to discover new cultures, food and experience places that aren’t their own. From travelling to sightseeing, this can be both fun and insightful.
- Think about the bigger picture – a change of scenery really helps me gain a new perspective in life. I love to set lifetime goals or a five year plan when I’m staring into the waves lapping the Spanish beach on a super sunny day.
- Family and friends – Although it’s number four on my list, it’s certainly not to be forgotten. Working all year round means that I get little time to see both friends and family so going abroad is a perfect opportunity to get to know them better or in my case see my niece growing up.
- A better life – thinking about my parents who moved from Russia to Israel and from Israel to London, UK I can safely say that they were in search of not only something new but something better. As far as I understood they went through some difficult times in both countries, from getting away from the USSR to encounters with the army and possibly even a civil war (apologies my history knowledge is not so good) nonetheless going abroad for my parents meant a new beginning. I am very thankful that they’ve brought me to the UK 🙂
What’s your main reason for going abroad?