I always make a list of things I need to take with me on holiday.
Before I went to Cyprus this was no different and below I share with you my key things that I always have to have.
In case you haven’t read my Things to do in Cyprus post, I was off with the husband’s family to Argaka where we had an enormous villa and pool to ourselves. A couple of weeks meant we were able to do lots of tourist visits and explorations as well as do nothing on a number of occasions too 😉
Keeping in mind that I knew that the holiday is going to be super hot and extremely relaxing (what a tough life, right? haha) I knew I must take a bikini, summery dress and lots of fun and bright accessories. So, lets get to it and have a look at my must-take items for a summer holiday below.
Bikini* – Animal | White Dress – ASOS | Floral Wedges – New Look | Straw Hat – Debenhams
- Bikini – as we had a pool at our villa, I had five different swimming costumes so that I can alternate. If you’re not keen on bikinis though, there are so many types to choose from these days that you can get shorts and a top or plenty of pretty one-piece swimsuits.
- Dresses – I can never have enough dresses, from casual, flowy ones to smart, restaurant-worthy, dresses. I absolutely loved my white dress I bought from ASOS because I managed to dress it down with sandals and then a week later I wore it with heels for our cocktails night!
- Shoes – Sandal, heels and especially dresses wedges are my go-to shoes for summer holidays. Sandals are easy to slip on and wear in extreme heat whilst wedges perfectly finish off an outgoing outfit when you still want to stay comfortable.
- Fedora straw hat – this one has probably made it onto my summer holiday list for the first time. We usually go on a summer holiday to Spain so when we changed it to Cyprus this year, I knew it was going to be so much hotter than we’re used to. I didn’t want to burn and wanted to stay sensible when it came to sun protection… so a beautiful, trendy hat was the perfect option.
- Head bands – keeping my hair out of my face is my number one priority when it’s hot hot hot. I have a fringe so I can get really irritated if it’s not put back! A few colourful head bands mean that I’ll be able to put my fringe back without hair sticking out in all directions 😉
- Bum bag – My sister in law had the perfect idea of bringing one on holiday with us. She had a good point, saying that it meant no tan lines on her shoulders – how clever! Although I didn’t manage it this time around, next time I’ll definitely be bringing one with me.
- Off the shoulder tops – A fashion trend that’s probably timeless is the ‘cold shoulder’ look. I have plenty of tops that sit off the shoulder and I love that they mean no tan lines AND they look super on-trend and cute.
I had an absolutely brilliant time and didn’t regret bringing a single item from my list above. Don’t worry I had a couple of other, less important things, that I didn’t end up wearing but they were so light that it didn’t matter when it came to carrying them back home!
I hope you have a brilliant and fun time and enjoy your summer holiday as much as I did.
What are your must have items on holiday?
Follow me on Instagram via @fairytaleprettypicture.