Chesterfield sofas have a grandeur about them.
They’re luxurious, sophisticated and elegant.
You may even suggest that they have a rustic sex appeal so it’s easy to fall in love with one.
The Original Sofa Co. got in touch to share their unique way of producing these beautiful furniture pieces. They’re legacy furniture makers who offer:
- The finest chesterfield sofas, filled with Horse Tail and lined with lambswool
- Fully hand tacked sofas (i.e. no staples are used which is the most historic crafting method)
- Chesterfields that will endure for generations
- Leather that’s dyed by hand after the crafting process making it a unique piece
- A unique proposition where seats arms and backs are built using 8-point-hand-tied loose coil springs
So, surely if so much care is taken into making the chesterfield you must look after it just as delicately?
Take Steps to Look After your Chesterfield Sofa
- Regularly wipe your leather with a clean dry cloth
- Vacuum the dust and dirt from all the corners of the sofa with a soft extension so that it doesn’t scratch the leather
- Use leather conditioner or wax but check the manufacturers instructions for the type of product best to use
- Clean spills immediately using a damp cloth
- Keep the sofa dry from dampness, after cleaning or to soak up wet spills
- Buff small scratches with micro-fibre cloths (check manufacturers suggestions first)
- Keep out of direct sunlight – weather it’s kept in a darker room or covered with throws
Although this may seem like lots to do, each step might only take you a minute or two to maintain the Chesterfield sofa that you’ve invested in. It will also be worth it in the end because it’ll look great all the time and for many many years to come.
I think they’re absolutely beautiful and classy. Do you have or want a Chesterfield sofa?