Many years ago when I worked for Carpetright it opened up my eyes to the most luxurious lifestyle photography but my eyes would always hover the longest over the cosiest of spaces.
When it comes to winter, I don’t know about you but I’m always in the lookout for the best way to keep warm.
Firstly, lets get some practicalities about carpet out of the way…
- Carpet keeps your home better insulated and so it feels warmer.
- Carpet adds a lovely soft texture to the floor so that means walking barefoot is a pleasure (less chance of catching pneumonia too!)
- Carpet can make or break a room – a patterned carpet or that of a darker colour is best for a messy family and great for busy individuals too as it shows less marks and hides dirt better.
Anyway, if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you might know that I very recently got married! My husband (Eeek!) and I vowed that our next project would be to decorate the living room because it’s still blue ever since we bought the house last year. We simply haven’t had the time to paint or re-style it, terrible I know.
So, in January we will be…
- Creating a interior styling moodboard that’s full of warm fawn shades, tactile textures, red accents and brown accessories.
- Painting the walls an almond shade to match the dining room and kitchen areas as it’s semi open plan.
- Adding a feature wall where the TV stands to add a modern twist to the room.
- Investing in new dark brown wooden furniture to match our floors throughout the house (yes we have Carpetright carpets!).
- Finally hanging up our photographs, art works and other decorative things to go on the walls.
Anyway, enough about us, here’s a useful Pinterest board full of living room ideas for a cosy winter – I hope you like it!
P.S. I haven’t used another brand’s lifestyle images in a while on the blog and to be honest I’m happy to showcase the lovely work Carpetright have done because I have a lot to thank them for when it comes to my blogging. I started writing and developing my own interest for interior styling and home decoration when I was working in their head office and I feel that their photography had a lot to do with that. I think that it played a huge part in giving me that push I needed to start my own home blog in the UK. So yeah… thanks Carpetright!